Sunday, March 4, 2018

February Update: What we did and didn't do

You can read about our January successes ( and failures) here.  

So how did we do in February( we paid off $2,773) in debt!

1. I got a brand new ( looking )pair of running shoes. My friend was at Goodwill and saw a pair of running shoes that looked brand new. She texted me and asked me my size and then got them for me. They were $4, however I give her a lot of outgrown clothes from my daughters to her daughter, so she said no need to pay her back. Karma for the win!

2. Purchased some nice Spring clothes for the kids with a Gift card I received to Old Navy. You can see that post ( here) . For $5.02 out of pocket I got 3 pairs of shorts, 1 nice dress and 1 shirt for my kiddos.

3. I wish I could post we did not eat out at all in February but I have to be honest with you guys. We did- we did three times actually and I'm not proud of it. That money came out of our debt snowball and our grocery budget so it wasn't a good use of our money. I don't think it's terrible to eat out, however when you are in debt as much as we are- it's counterproductive!
We ate out once for my daughters school fundraiser- it was at a local pizza place that donated the proceeds to the school if you ate there on one evening. I convinced myself it was for a good cause and I do love pizza so.....
The second time was for my husband's birthday. He didn't ask , but I offered and the kids wanted to go to his favorite steak house. Grand total for that one for the five of us was $56.xx. OUCH.
The third time was going out after church with my parents. We should have said no, but we didn't. So we have to plan better and be sure to have something going on at home to eat after church so we can say no more easily.

4. We played cards with my family one Saturday night- which was fun and free. One Saturday night there was a free singing at church that we enjoyed and one Saturday night there was a Men's Wildlife dinner thing at our church that my husband and son went to. It just cost me a few potluck dishes of things I had on hand and they had a nice time.

How did your February shake out to be? Any wins to celebrate? Any losses ( like going out to eat three times when you planned for zero times?????)

Happy Homesteading y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment