Saturday, March 24, 2018

Spring Around the Homestead Part 3: The GARDEN

Don't forget to check out the previous two posts examining what's going on right now.

Part 1: Blooms and Flowers
Part 2: Animals

And now- lets see what is going on around the garden!




A row of about 35 cabbages, broccoli, cauliflowers. 




A bit sad- but a few little asparagus babies coming up. I've not been super lucky with these. 

More cabbages. 

Some green onions. 



Tilled and about ready for some corn to be planted .




 In the next week or so I'll be putting in corn, lettuce blends, kale, more onions, radishes and beets.

What do you all have going on right now? Have you started planting yet?

2 comments:

  1. How very amazing all your garden plants look! I'm still under snow cover here in the Yukon. I love what you're growing in your garden! My indoor garden has started, tomatoes, herbs and some flowers. In a couple months I'll be planting out my outdoor garden.
    Praying your garden grows beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure the growing season must be so much different in the Yukon. In the south we have a fairly long growing season. I hope to get my tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers etc. out soon.

      Delete