Friday, April 8, 2016

Lentil Soup

I wouldn't say it was cold here today, but there was a slight nip in the air and it was overcast. I felt like a nice big pot of soup with some cornbread.

I had some lentils as well as some veggies so I whipped up this great Lentil Soup. I forgot where I got the recipe, but it's not mine. I found it in a magazine or something several years ago.


Start with about a Table spoon of olive oil in a pan. Then add 2 peeled, chopped carrots, a small white onion and 3 ribs of celery.

Then I added several sprigs of thyme and rosemary. I'm using my little ULU knife I got for Christmas from my parents. It is amazing!!

 Chop chop chop and in no time they are all chopped up. Love that silly Ulu. 

 Once they are all nice and browned, I add them to about 7 cups of broth. I used chicken broth because I had it on hand, but veggie broth would work. Add about 2 cups of dry lentils.
 While that is simmering I made up a batch of cornbread muffins. The ones on the right have fresh jalepenos chopped up in them for me and the husband. The others are just plain for the kids. I let everything simmer for about 30 minutes....
So good. No really, it is very good. I find such good flavor and just a really healthy, yummy, quick soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment