Tuesday, December 28, 2010

EGGS!

We love eggs. We honestly do. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old and they both adore eggs. It's great because we get them from our chickens, free range of course. And even though we love our eggs and use them for fried eggs, egg sandwiches, scrambled eggs, quiches, breakfast burritos and more, I still would have a lot of eggs that I didn't know what to do with.

I give some away of course to family and friends, I have one neighbor who will only take 3 eggs per week, she says that is all she needs.

But something else that I have started doing that we like is on Saturday I will take about a dozen eggs and hard boil them. The girls help me peel them, and I'll stick the in the fridge for the week. Sometimes my husband or even my 5 year old will have one for breakfast. I slice them up and put them in a salad, or pack one in our lunches. It's a great utlization of the eggs, and the key is to get them all finished at once, and prepared for the week. It is so much easier to boil 12 eggs at once, then to just do them whenever you would like one.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your newest follower via Blogfrog. I am so jealous of your chickens and eggs. Where do you live? If you were my neighbor I would surely purchase them. lol I just love fresh eggs and so does all my family. Stop over and join my giveaway blog when you get a chance.
    http://autumnbluesreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Autumn Blues Reviews Thanks for stopping by! Chickens are really easy to keep and in most places ( even cities) you can have several in your backyard. Most specify only hens though in the city, no roosters. I'll check out your blog, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been boiling up the eggs from our chickens for egg salad sandwiches...I have no idea why. :) But I've been craving them like crazy, and nope, I'm not pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete