Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas - It's a comin'

Busy times around our household. The girls keep crossing their fingers for snow, no such luck yet. Actually there isn't even much of a chance anytime soon....

Today Olivia, my newly turned 5 year old gets to go to work with my father. He works with horses and quail dogs, and today Olivia gets to go with him for the first time. She has her little backpack all ready with coloring books, animal crackers and her toy zebra, and man is she excited! It is such a sweet time of fellowship for the two of them, and I have fond memories of getting to go with my dad when I was about her age.

Tonight is a Christmas party for my dad's side of the family, he has 6 siblings that are still living, and they will all be there with all their kids and grandkids and even great grandkids. We just have a huge potluck and fellowship and one of the ladies plays the piano and we sing. It will be a fun time.

My daughters have been asking my mom and dad for a sleepover soon, so since they are both off work next week, they will go over Thursday evening and spend the night.My parents are great and the girls love them to peices. It will be a fun night for them, even though my husband and I will miss them like crazy.

Our church Christmas fellowship is tomorrow evening after church. The girls will be in the program, then there will be finger foods afterwards. Sounds good to me!

I won't bore you with anymore details, there is a lot more coming up this week and I pray for peace, joy and lots of family time with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment