Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Book Review: The Wilder Life

You all may recall that I'm quite fascinated with Laura Ingalls Wilder. Please refer to my other posts regarding Laura and her life:

 Part 1: Introduction to the Series, information about Laura
Part 2: The books!
Part 3: Dress like Laura
Part 4: Places to visit to have that "Laura Experience"
Part 5: Cook like Laura


I also went and visited her adult home in Mansfield, MO which you can read about here.

So, this book called The Wilder Life is written by Wendy McClure and I of course got it from our local library.

She is a young lady, which based on a few things she says in the book is just a few years older than me and takes an adventure to visit the sites of Laura Ingalls. She describes herself as being quite obsessed herself and talks about buying multiple sunbonnets, churning butter and making snow candy as described in the Little House books. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I read it very fast and was excited to see what was next. I told my husband " I think this lady is my long lost best friend!". I mean I could see myself sitting down at a coffee shop with this gal and chatting for hours. We seem to have a kindred spirit. She is quite funny and has a wonderful writing style. I really enjoyed this book and was in a way sad for it to end...I think anyone that is interested with Laura would really find this to be an enjoyable read. Pick up a copy !

No comments:

Post a Comment