Monday, October 25, 2010

No TV Week

Well, no TV week has came to a close. It was wonderful I must say.
I would really like to see NO TV ever, in our household, but my husband isn't as on board as I am.
We only have one TV, and it's in our living room, so we always know what the girls are watching. I normally only allow them to watch TV after it's dark outside, kind of a way to wind down before bed. Now that it's beginning to get darker earlier, and also because it was pouring down rain ( THANK YOU) for two days last week, we were indoors more than often.

The no TV week, went incredibly well. It was so nice. The girls would help me make supper, and they helped me bake bread, brownies and such. They played with their blocks a lot, and we read a lot of books. While they were in the living room playing with their blocks, my husband and I were either reading our own book in there watching them, or we were playing right along beside them. I really enjoyed this week, and I think we will do it more often. I'm hoping to wean my husband off it , until we have no TV months, then no TV year, then just get rid of it all together. We live in a rural area where we lose power a lot anyways when it's storming, so we already have batter operated storm radios, which is really the only reason I would want a TV anyhow.

So, I encourage everyone to host their own NO TV WEEK, and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment