Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Social Distancing Day 11

Kids School
Spring Break for myself as well as the kids. So we are not doing any kind of school work this week.

My Work
It is Spring Break at the university I work at, but I still have stuff to do. We are "online" for the rest of the semester. I worked about 2 hours this morning on different things I needed to do. But work is going well.

My Husband's Work
We are not used to working from home, so we don't have a "set office" or anything like that. So our dining room table is a make shift office. He does stuff with data and spreadsheets and has 2 huge  monitors as well as his normal desktop set up. But he is doing good. He's getting into a habit of waking up, taking a shower, then breakfast then starting his day. He gets "off" at 4, so he can log off and hang out with us now, without having any extra commuting time.

Mental Health
It's kind of getting rough. We do still see my parents ( who live across the road from us), besides that we are very rural, which is nice, but we haven't seen ANYBODY in 11 days but them. Today we played outside a lot, went fishing at one of our ponds and played some board games. My 12 year old daughter made some chocolate chip cookies which were nice. 

Supplies and groceries update
Still doing good. We haven't ran out of anything recently. The turkey I took out wasn't thawed for today,so I'll cook it tomorrow. We had cheese ravioli with a home made pasta sauce I canned last summer for lunch and tator tot casserole ( with deer meat) for dinner. We have leftovers of both so we'll have some leftovers to eat over the next few days. I think with the turkey tomorrow I'll make green bean bundles and deviled eggs. 

IF I WENT TO THE STORE TODAY I WOULD BUY
milk
fresh fruit
tortillas
toilet paper
hand sanitizer
sandwich bread
Again, these are all things that if I were not quarantining and they were not out of, I would buy. But we are going to make due.

What's going on around us? 
Two deaths at our local hospital today from the virus. Up to about 250 cases in the state. We are just hunkering down. 

 How is it looking in your area? What have you been doing to #flattenthecurve?

No comments:

Post a Comment