Monday, July 30, 2018

Christmas in July?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....
All images about the red christmas
Not actually LOOKING like Christmas- and certainly not FEELING like Christmas around the homestead but being the frugal planner that I am I've started really thinking about it.

We always pack Operation Christmas Child boxes and we've been collecting things for that throughout the year and are getting quite a bit together.

I've started putting some money into my budget for Christmas gift cards now. I've gotten a $15 Taco Bell gift card for my brother ( LOL) and have put it away.

I also just cashed in my Ibotta for a $30 Kohls card! I may use that for back to school purchases if we decide there is something we need like underwear or socks or shoes- but I'd like to save it for Christmas.

Speaking of Ibotta- It is super easy and of course FREE. Once you sign up here you simply scan your receipts via an app on your phone for items that you purchase at stores. There are things like " any brand bread" or " any brand milk" and each one may be .25-.50 cents. I normally make about $7.xx on each weekly shopping trip so it doesn't take long to get enough ( $25) to cash out. You can get gift cards, amazon or paypal. I hope you all find it useful.

I've gotten a few "free item" coupons from Bath and Body works in the past few months and have bought 4 small hand cremes that I'll put in small gift bags for the kids teachers.

What all are you guys doing prepping for Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. I am working my survey site (one opinion) and because I qualified for an amazing 150 dollar survery earlier this year -- I am up to a whopping 380 dollars so far in survey money - translates to 380 dollars for my christmas fund !!! Christmas wont cost me a dime by the time october rolls around and it is time to cash in...very much looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! I'll have to look into that one! Great job.

      Delete