Friday, April 6, 2018

Frugal Happenings: April 2-6

Oh what a week. It was pretty busy coming off of Spring Break just a week or so ago, advising has started for summer and fall, I'm of course still studying for my qualifying exams and I'm finishing up 7 hours of coursework from this semester which will complete all my required courses for my doctorate! Whoo hoo!

A few ways we stayed frugal during this busy week:

-No eating out.
-I made corn bread muffins from scratch several times- which the kids and my husband and I all like 
-The only grocery shopping we did was 1 gallon of milk.
-A former student sent me a nice thank you note and a $15 Sonic gift card to me- so I see some slushes in our future this summer.
-Our church has a beautiful singing on Wednesday night- free entertainment and just a wonderful service.
- It was my turn to bring snacks to the 4H club for my kids on Thursday. Normally I would have went to a cute local bakery and buy little cupcakes or petit fours. But this time I made homeade cookeis with ingredients I already had and whipped up some country time lemonade- the kids gobbled them up and I save probably $20!
- So many eggs I don't know what to do with them! Very thankful. We are getting between 14-18 eggs per day. I donated 6 dozen to our campus food pantry ( we put them in half dozen size cartons and the students love them). We still have had plenty to eat for ourselves.

What all have you been doing around your places this past week?

1 comment:

  1. Hey great doings. I love donating to students they are so grateful.

    ReplyDelete