Saturday, May 18, 2013

Swiss Chard Quiche

Swiss Chard Quiche

 
I posted a recipe last week for Sauteed Rainbow Swiss Chard. I have more Chard in my garden, ( plus we always have tons of eggs) so I thought I would make this Quiche.
Start out by washing and taking out the stalks of the chard, then chopping it up. About 10-12 big leaves is what is below. I also added 2 small green onoins and a clove of garlic. And about a tablespoon of butter to sautee it in. Let it cook for maybe 4-5 minutes, until everthing is soft.
Then you have 6 eggs and 1/2 cup whole milk and add to a bowl. ( I had chopped my onions into that bowl before I sauteed them, which is why there looks to be a few green onions left, no worries). Then you add the Cheese! I shredded 10 oz of Swiss cheese, and about 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmasan cheese. Not the kind in the big green tubs, but the hard kind that you actually have to grate yourself. That gives it a nice little something extra. Stir really well.

Prepare a 10 inch pie crust. Store bought or homeade. Poke holes in it and bake for just a few minutes, about 5-6.

 
Pour everything into the pie crust, and then grate about 2 more ounces of Swiss Cheese on top. It looks like it has a lot of chard in it, but beleive me it will cook up nicely.
 And it did! You have to cook it for about 45-50 minutes or until a fork can peirce it and it's not all runny.
 
Even my 5 and 7 year olds like this. It's a great way to use up eggs and chard and it's a fun dinner that's a bit difference. Hope you guys enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Eggs and chard, what a great recipe.....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love quiche and this looks amazing!! Found your recipe at Tuesday's with a Twist. I am one of the hostesses of Tasty Tuesdays and would love you to stop by and link up this recipe if you have not yet already. Here is the link http://bit.ly/1g5mVQa
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe! YUM!
    YOU have been featured this morning @ Back to the Basics for Tuesdays with a Twist!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete