Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Looking towards 2012

Well it's that time of year again....
Organizing the pantries!! That's right folks, time to see what all we have, what all we need and what we need to eat ASAP.
Normally my husband is off for a few weeks at Christmas so it gives us a great time to clean and organize. Just a few suggestions for parts of the house:

Closets:
If you haven't worn it in the last year, throw it out. Donate those things that are still wearable.
Go through your shoes and you will probably find at least a couple that don't have a mate... throw that out.
Go through the kids toys. Fix what needs to be fixed, throw out those things that can't be fixed, and donate those things that the kids have outgrown or no longer play with.

Pantry:
Make sure everything is rotated and in date. Those things that may expire soon need to be put into a menu plan ASAP. There is nothing worse than throwing out food. I like to organize everything also. All the jars sorted and with like items. Everything facing the same way. I even make a list of everything I have so I will know what I may need to stock up on if it comes on sale soon.

I really like trying to declutter and be organized. I challenge you all to find a project to organize yourself a bit better and really work on it this coming year.

What are some of your ideas for the upcoming year to stay better organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment