Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First " Year without new clothes" Goodwill Trip

I posted yesterday about my commitment to not buy new clothes this year.
So, Sunday after church we made the 30 mile trek to our "favorite" Goodwill to purchase a few things we needed.

Here is what we came up with:
Me
3 new MODEST dresses I can wear to work. Very nice and I was needing some bad.  $5 each
1 NEW with tags still on it Tommy Hillfiger jean jacket. Adorable on me and very dressy  $4

Hubby:
1 pair of jeans ( his lone pair of jeans at home had finally bit the dust, beyond repair) $3

Girls:
2 Dresses for church or school, long, comfy and appropriate - $3 each

Other fun stuff we got: This amazing toy singer sewing machine. My daughter ( 7 year old) has been tinkering around with hand sewing things like buttons and has been wanting to learn to sew when we found this. What a treat! - $3.
 
Grand total: $31
We got some great stuff too folks, One dress alone would cost that much at a normal store. Love it!
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel! You got some really good deals! It's hard to find good stuff sometimes, but it's fun when you do find it! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea. I usually don't buy clothes unless I can find it on sale or clearance, but I will definitely be checking out the thrift stores more this year. I just turned up a pair of jeans I got last summer at a Church Rummage sale for $1.00 - they fitted fine other than the length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip and you got some much needed items! I often find a lot of great stuff when thrifting for myself...not so much for the guys though. It's harder to find men's items.

    ReplyDelete