I was really hoping to update once per month on the goings on around here...and here it is already March 15th and I haven't updated yet. So here goes:
Here is what I wrote back in January....One of the things I would like to do ( and at least keep track of) is to "put up" 600 pints of goodies this year. This will include canned, frozen and dried. I've made this cute little ticker, although I'm not sure exactly how to keep up with it, but I'll try. Nothing happening here quite yet. I do have day dreams though about freshly canned fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, salsas etc though. We have started out our early crops and I am excited about this Spring and Summer. I still hope to get to my 600 pints of goodies though by the end of the year.
A few other things I would like to do this year
- complete 20 scrapbook pages - nothing here, I need to do our Christmas pages, fall pumpkin pictures and our snow pictures, sigh, I'll get to it, I really will......
- Read 10 books - This is something I'm actually keeping up with. I typically do read more in the Winter though. You can see them books I have read on my book Review page, I added a cute little Book shelf so you can see what books I've read. I read Radical Homemakers
which I really enjoyed. It is a wonderful look into modern day Homemaking and Consumerism, and I really enjoyed the book. I couldn't put it down. It takes a look at the History of women's role in homemaking and also looks at current day consumerism. I think this is a must read for anyone!
I also read a John Grisham book " The Broker" which I really enjoyed. I got it a yard sale for .25 cents which made it even nicer. I've always been a big John Grisham fan. You can see the other books I have read on my little Shelf on my book page. So I have read 7 books this year, out of the 10 I was hoping for!
- Make rock candy with the girls- Nothing here either. I think they will enjoy it though and I can't wait to try.
- Go camping at least 5 times this year- It's been too cold for us to go camping. We normally don't start until about March or April . Looking forward to it though!
-Plant the girls a large wildflower patch for them to make bouquets out of - I ordered some seeds and we have been talking about it, but we haven't planted yet. I also picked up some bulbs, so that will be fun.
- plant 2 additional fruit or nut trees- I planted 2 blueberry bushes , and also another pear tree! So I guess I have met this goal for the year. I can't wait until harvest!
- Earn at least $100 in Amazon codes from Swagbucks and/or Irazoo - use these for Christmas - I have $15 so far that I have earned from Swagbucks, and I have $5 from Irazoo, so $20 out of the $100. Not bad.
-Make fresh, homeade peanut butter with the girls - :( wow this is kind of depressing. I haven't done this yet either.
- Host a giveaway on my blog - Nothing here, I have a few ideas though for something soon.
- have 50 followers on my blog - I have 21 followers out of the 50! Thanks guys!