Sunday, January 3, 2021

Rebates, settlements and more

 I recently received a settlement in the mail for $16.15 from Kotex ( Kimberly Clark). I'm not exactly sure what it is for, but with a family that includes myself plus 2 teenaged daughters, I'm sure we have purchased Kotex in the past. We normally use disposables, but we have on occasion purchased Kotex products. 

So I put that money directly into my bank account and set up a debt payment in that amount. I think one way my thinking has shifted in the past. Normally I would think " woo-hoo" and maybe bought a book or something from etsy. But now, that I'm really into paying off debt and my purchases are minimal, that money is going directly to debt. 

My challenge for you this year is to set up a process for what you will do if you get these little bits of money here and there. If you follow Dave Ramsey's plan they are called snowflakes. But the point is, that they can add up over a year. In fact, I added another page in my debt spreadsheet for 2021 Snowflakes. I'll put little bits and pieces of money in that spreadsheet ( including what I did with that money) and keep a tally. Just for fun. 

What are your plans for your snowflakes this year? Any ideas for more little snowflakes this coming year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment