Sunday, July 8, 2018

Frugal Happenings: 7-8-18

Well I totally just skipped June but here is it what has been happening around the homestead this past week.

Kroger had a sale on their butter- $1.99 a lb so I got 5 lbs to put in the freezer.

The garden is insane: salsa, pasta sauce, ketchup, pickles of all sorts, relish of all sorts, ( see my hot pepper relish recipe)  pickled jalepenos etc. I'm running out of jars fast so I think I'm going to have to start freezing some stuff.

Kroger had a promotion for Bass Pro Shop gift cards: buy $50 get $10 off your groceries. I always use Bass Pro Shop cards at Christmas time and had some money in my Christmas budget so thought this was a win win.

I received some dryer balls a while back and kind of forgot about them, however I dug them out and have been using them for about a week now.

Sold 4 dozen eggs last week ( $2 a peice). I let my oldest daughter keep half then we put half towards their food. They are all still laying well so we have plenty to eat ourselves plus a little bit leftover to sell.

The girls are going to church camp (free our church pays for it) but they needed some cool skirts and a waterbottle- the Goodwill had everything we needed! The water bottles are really nice ones for $1 a peice and the skirts also look brand new and were $4 each, so $10 total plus tax from the goodwill. I looked up one of the water bottles and it was $17.99 at Target new so I would say I scored!

My dissertation is coming along. I need a draft to my professor in about 2 weeks so I'll be busy doing that, canning and raising the kiddos :)

What all have you been doing lately?

Also- any tips on freezing tomatoes especially?

1 comment:

  1. You had a great week...We used to go to goodwill too to find everything we need for camp.

    ReplyDelete